|“||Oi'm the 'Edge Farmer, Oi am! You think yer edgy, ya do? Oi!! Oi'll be the judge 'a that, Oi will!||”|
The 'Edge Farmer is a humanoid hedgehog that wears a black jacket and sunglasses, and carries around a skateboard and a yo-yo.
Specter of TormentEdit
In Specter of Torment, 'Edge Farmer can be found in the Tower of Fate, by the skating room in the top-left side of the hub. As an edgy character himself, 'Edge Farmer is skeptical about Specter Knight's "edginess". He can be impress by skating with the Rail Mail on the ground while in front of him, or by performing the "Cold Shoulder". He then gives Specter Knight 150 gold for each action once when talked to.
When talked to normally:
- "'Edge Farmer: Oi'm the 'Edge Farmer, Oi am! You think yer edgy, ya do? Oi!! Oi'll be the judge 'a that, Oi will!"
Impressed by the Rail Mail:
- "'Edge Farmer: Oi! Yer cuttin' edge, Oi reckon! Never been an 'edgier bloke, to my knowl-edge! It's all... rather edge-ucational!"
Impressed by the Cold Shoulder:
- "'Edge Farmer: All right, Spectre Knight. Earned that title fair 'n proper, y'did. Oi know edge when Oi see it."
- 'Edge Farmer is the only character to spell Specter Knight in the non-American fashion, "Spectre Knight".
- It can be noted that his name is a pun on his brother's name, Hedge Farmer, and both are looking up to a knight or another.
- His idle and hair combing animations require a lot of frames, respectively 26 and 34 frames. This is unusual compared to other animated models in all campaigns of Shovel Knight.
- He was created because the developers wanted to create another Hedge Brother for Specter Knight, as he is very 'edgy'. They also really liked the play on the words "edge" and "hedge", like he was talking with and accent.
- 'Edge Farmer speaks with a Cockney accent.