|“||Few visit the Endless Parapet, but for the brave I offer a brief diversion of my own design.||”|
Horace is a large suit of armor that may or may not be headless. He is found sitting on a bench equipped with a lantern that creates an electric barrier, as well as confetti for those who beat his trial.
In Specter of Torment, Horace can be found to the left of the rail section, where 'Edge Farmer is located. In King of Cards, he can be found on the balcony to the right of the room where the Liquid Samurai is located.
In the minigame, Specter Knight has to climb to the top of a room before an electric barrier touches him. If he falls below the bottom of the screen, runs out of health or touches the barrier, the minigame ends immediately. The level layout is randomly "scrambled", meaning the order in which the level parts appear doesn't follow a specific pattern.
Unlike the Mona's Potion Juggle mini-game, the player is not required to pay any fee in order to play this mini-game.
Reaching the top awards the player with 1700 gold. If the minigame was completed before in the same file, only 200 gold is given. No money is lost if Specter Knight dies in the middle of the minigame; the only thing that happens is that Horace congratulates the knight, but tells him that his efforts were not enough.
As the level order is randomly generated, it is best to run the mini-game multiple times to get used to the stage layouts. Aside from the obstacles, various enemies can be encountered, such as Blorbs, Boneclangs, Divedrakes, Wizzems, Goldarmors, and Floatsomes.
While it is not required, having the Judgment Rush Curio and Rail Mail are recommended in order to increase Specter Knight's mobility, allowing him to pass through corridors and enemies faster. The Chronos Coin is also useful to slow down Horace and the electric barrier. However, using Curios should be done sparingly, as there aren't many sources of Darkness to be found, although some specific points will have large Darkness Jars, and any enemy left behind will perish and automatically award a small jar of Darkness to Specter Knight.
|Horace||Propeller Rat||Rat King||Fairy|
In King of Cards, Horace is the champion of the Tower of Joustus. Like the other champions, he has a special ability he can use during the Joustus match against him. Horace's ability is called Chrono Shock, and it allows him to skip over King Knight's turn if the latter takes too long to make a move. On King Knight's turn, a line of electricity slowly extends across the top of the screen from Horace's portrait and makes its way to King Knight's portrait; if it reaches King Knight's portrait, Horace gets to use Chrono Shock and steal King Knight's turn. The only way to circumvent this is to make a move before Horace has a chance to use Chrono Shock.
Specter of TormentEdit
- "Horace: Ah. Welcome. Few visit the Endless Parapet, but for the brave I offer a brief diversion of my own design. As if the Enchantress has the time for diversions! I've been here for longer than she. I merely reward the odd seeker of thrills, and none harm me. Care to play my game? If you fare well, there may be a reward."
- "Horace: Ah. I bid you a pleasant journey, then. Here my games and I shall sit."
- "Horace: Ah. Then we shall begin. Please board the platform."
When failing the game:
- "Horace: You performed admirably, but the goal remains elusive. Perhaps you'd like to try again sometime."
When completing the game:
- "Horace: I am impressed, you have bested my challenge. Well done.."
- Horace's appearance is based on the Dullahan, a creature from Irish Mythology associated with death, which is often depicted as a headless suit of armor.
- His model in the game's files is soberly named "Mini-Game Knight".
- Viewers during a developer's stream joked about Horace's armor being occupied by one or several smaller creatures. When doing his portrait art for King of Cards, Yacht Club Games Visual Artist Nick Wozniak started drawing a face in the shadows inside Horace's armor.