In the Halls of the Usurper is a music from the Shovel Knight soundtrack. This is the theme of the Pridemoor Keep in Shovel of Hope and Plague of Shadows. It is Music Sheet #23 in Shovel of Hope. It can also be listened to in Sound Test after completing either of the two campaigns once.
Music Sheet #23 and can be found in the room left from the beginning of Pridemoor Keep.
"The regal fanfare of Pridemoor, twisted by King Knight's decadence!"
- "Bard: Let's see here... Oh, you found "In the Halls of the Usurper"! My first publicly performed lair theme. You might say it kickstarted my career!"
- The music is played in the key of A-flat minor.
- The music's name is likely a reference to the famous music piece In the Hall of the Mountain King from Peer Gynt, Suite No. 1. Both are satire of a king's reign.
- Its counterpart in Specter of Torment is In the Halls of the King.
- The Bard's dialogue, written by composer Jake Kaufman, are two references to the game's development:
- "Kickstarted" is a reference to how the game was funded in a Kickstarter campaign. The color of the word "kickstarted" is also green, like the logo of Kickstarter itself.
- The Bard also mentions that it was his first publicly performed lair theme, which references Pridemoor Keep as being the first playable stage during the game's development, and so the first theme to be heard in the game's original demo.