|“||From the shadows of the Enchantress’ lair, the Liquid Samurai takes form. Beginning as inert blobs of liquid, these fierce combatants leap around the room, transforming and slashing in a whirlwind of confusion. Combining agility with maneuverability, the liquid samurai is skilled in both ranged and melee weapons. Take heed!||”|
Liquid Samurai SwordsmenEdit
The red Liquid Samurais are swordsmen. Once their foe gets too close, they will charge at them and will try to kill their foe using their sword. Upon defeat, they drop 2 red gems worth 200 gold and a jar. They can be seen in the credits among other cutscenes. They also periodically appear among the NPC's in the Tower Hub in Specter of Torment. While their speed can make them difficult to hit, they can be defeated easily with ranged relics, etc. One weakness which makes them easily avoided is their tendency to run off ledges, often onto spikes, defeating them.
Liquid Samurai ArcherEdit
The green Liquid Samurais are archers. Unlike the swordsmen, they try to maintain distance from their foe and instead strike them with arrows. Like most projectiles, these arrows can be reflected back toward the archer who fired them. They drop two red gems worth 200 gold when killed. They will try to run or jump away from their foe when approached, and will often performed a burst-fire move when jumping.
Blue Liquid SamuraisEdit
The Blue Liquid Samurais only make cameo appearances in each campaign and are never fought. They combine both the sword and the bow, being able to switch freely between them.
They can be seen in blob form during the credits sequence of Shovel of Hope and Plague of Shadows fighting the Wandering Travelers. They can also be seen wandering the Tower of Fate hub in Specter of Torment and invading the Armor Outpost during the campaign's epilogue.
Red Liquid Samurai after completing Plains as Specter Knight:
- "Liquid Samurai: Stay grounded and attack as quickly as possible! Your foes will fall in no time."
Red Liquid Samurai, liquid form, after completing Plains as Specter Knight:
- "Liquid Samurai: Even I can't climb up some walls.. I suppose it's because they look different."
Blue Liquid Samurai after completing Plains as Specter Knight:
- "Liquid Samurai: You can't control the direction of the Dash Slash! It's based on whether you are above or below your enemy."
- The Liquid Samurai were designed by Max VanDuyne as a Director for a Day.
- All three variants share the same sprite sheet, although each has a designated color palette.
- The original artwork for the Blue Liquid Samurai depicts it holding a three-sectioned staff, but only the sword and bow switch sprites can be found on the Liquid Samurai's sprite sheet.
- The Blue Liquid Samurai was removed during the development of the original campaign as they slowed the player's pace through the Tower of Fate stages. Unlike Goldarmors, the developers wanted samurais to be fought more quickly and appearing more frequently.