|“||Well... you can't rule on an empty stomach. Please, my valiant knight, eat!||”|
King Knight's Mom wears an elegant orange and yellow dress accompanied by white fur and long orange gloves. She has brown skin and white hair tied up into a bun.
King Knight’s doting mother cooks up power-enhancing meals to raise your maximum health or vigor. An avid reader of King’s Weekly, she’s positive and encouraging towards the monarchical goals of her shining son. She is constantly giving King Knight compliments and calling him names like "her prince" and "pumpkin-pauldron prince", and supportive of his devotion to become a king. She also enjoys cooking home-cooked meals for King Knight.
|“|| Oh, my little |
pumpkin-pauldron prince!You look so handsome! You'll make a wise and noble king!
|“||I never dreamed that the royal King Pridemoor might count me as a friend... or as anything!||”|
King of CardsEdit
Mom first appears when King Knight arrives at The Homestead after completing the Plains: Mossy Mountain stage. She welcomes him and asks if he had retrieved the cooking ingredients she had requested him to get. He responds claiming that he is a king and only kings have "subjects" who run errands for him. Mom diligently accepts and offers him a home-cooked meal. Her meals consist of Hearty Meat Pies, which permanently increases King Knight's health points by one heart.
| Spoiler warning!|
This article contains plot details about an event that occurs later in the game.
When King Knight boards the Glidewing after revisiting the Homestead, Mom will board the ship. With a galley on-board, she continues to cook meals for her son.
After recruiting King Pridemoor to the Glidewing's crew, Mom seems to take a liking to him, talking to him about her son and discussing her affection toward him.
At the end of the game, Mom disapproves of King Knight's decision to side with the Enchantress, and take Pridemoor Keep as his own, walking out with King Pridemoor, much to King Knight's dismay.
Mom is a merchant who sells health upgrades to King Knight. She sells Hearty Meat Pies, which permanently increases King Knight's health points by one heart, with a max of 10.
When she boards the Glidewing, she compliments the ships galley and offers the ability to make Vigor Cream Pies, which permanently increase King Knight's max vigor by 10, with a max of 100.
Note: This is Mom's deck from Challenge Mode, she can't be battled in the normal campaign.
|King Pridemoor||Troupple King||King Birder|
- "Mom: Oh!My little prince! Do you return to save the day with the ingredients I requested?"
- "King Knight: Mother!I am no prince, I am a king! And mother, kings havesubjectswho do their bidding for them!"
- "Mom: Oh, my precious love. Those are rats, not subjects..."
- "King Knight: My rats are loyal to the last. They're my starter subjects! Part of my grand plan! I must acquire a Joustus deck and be declared the King of Cards! This is far more important than errands."
- "Mom: Well... you can't rule on an empty stomach. Please, my valiant knight, eat!"
When King Knight talks to her again:
- "Mom: Oh, my little pumpkin-pauldron prince!You look so handsome! You'll make a wise and noble king! Sweetie. Have you brought some coin? I'd love to cook for you!"
If King Knight denies her request:
- "Mom: Please stay safe, my shining son!"
When King Knight leaves The Homestead after denying her request:
- "Mom: Oh, and honey! Listen, you need to press [x] to talk to people. Don't be shy, but be careful with strangers!"
- "King Knight: Mom, I know!!"
- "Mom: Oh, heavens! What a ruckus! Are we now doomed to a fiery fate?"
- "King Pridemoor: Hold fast with me, milady! Perhaps Plume and Beaky will heed my call and whisk us all to safety!"
- Text from the menu reveals that she sewn King Knight's cape.
- ↑ Twitter post by Yacht Club Games
- ↑ https://yachtclubgames.com/shovel-knight-king-of-cards-instruction-manual/