|“||Flashy! Acrobatic! Useless!||”|
The Ornate Armor is the most expensive armor the Armorer can sell, at a whopping 8000 gold prize. As its description states, it offers no special combat or movement benefits. The Armor has instead only a few small effects on the game:
- It leaves a sparkling trail behind Shovel Knight.
- Shovel Knight often performs flips and acrobatics when jumping.
- After being launched from the Catapult, Shovel Knight lands on his feet rather than hitting the ground on his face, with a little victory jingle playing in the background.
- After the Battle Royale, King Knight acknowledges the armor presence and compliments Shovel Knight.
- Whilst the Armor is said to be useless, the sparkling trail it leaves can be used to better track Shovel Knight during the blackout areas of The Lich Yard, Tower of Fate: Entrance, and Specter Knight's boss battle (including the Battle Royale).
- Plague Knight, Specter Knight, and King Knight all have their own versions of the Ornate Plate, in the form of the Dandy Duds, Ghostly Garb, and Resplendent Cape respectively as all three items are their most expensive defensive gear and offer no special combat or movement benefits.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.