This article has insufficient information. Feel free to assist the
Shovel Knight Wiki by expanding it!
|Shovel Knight Showdown|
|Developer(s)||Yacht Club Games|
|Publisher(s)||Yacht Club Games|
|Platform(s)||Windows 10, Mac, Linux/Steam OS, Wii U, PS3, PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch|
|Release date(s)||December 10, 2019|
|Genre(s)||Platform, Fighting Game|
Shovel Knight Showdown (formerly known as Battle Mode) is an upcoming content for Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove. Since it is planned as local multiplayer only it will not be appearing on the 3DS or PS Vita versions of the game. Shovel Knight Showdown is also planned to be released as a stand alone alongside the campaigns.
| Spoiler warning!|
This article contains plot details about an event that occurs later in the game.
There are three concepts for battle mode mentioned on the Kickstarter:
- Cash Collecting - where you fight for treasure that appears in the level. Knock your buddy to make gems fall out and collect them!
- Racing - where all players would have to make their way to the end of a stage
- Last Man Standing - where the only goal is to slash mercilessly to the bitter end!
In Shovel Knight Showdown, these modes have been dubbed Gem Clash and Showdown. According to Shovel Knight's 5th anniversary stream, Showdown refers to Last Man Standing.
Over 16 characters including:
- Colosseum -
- Plains - Grassy Clearing
- Campsite - Dream
- Village -
- Undervillage - Potionarium
- Pridemoor Keep -
- The Lich Yard - Mausoleum
- Troupple Grotto -
- Lost City -
- Explodatorium - Potion Drains
- Iron Whale - Treasure Vault
- Wilderness - Proving Grounds
- Stranded Ship -
- Clockwork Tower -
- Flying Machine -
- Birder Bluffs - Shifting Balcony
- Tower of Fate -
- Event Horizon - Celestial Plane
- ↑ http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/08/28/shovel-knight-showdown-battle-mode-revealed
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nr81mmA_inA
- ↑ https://yachtclubgames.com/2018/08/shovel-knight-showdown/
- ↑ https://youtu.be/aW7kJI_dIig?t=953
|Shovel Knight series|
|Video Games:||Treasure Trove (Shovel of Hope • Plague of Shadows • Specter of Torment • King of Cards • Showdown ) • Dig|
|Board Games:||Dungeon Duels|
|Features:||Custom Knight • Body Swap Mode • Sound Test|
|Soundtracks:||Shovel Knight Original Soundtrack • Plague of Shadows Original Soundtrack • Specter of Torment Original Soundtrack • King of Cards Original Soundtrack|
|Miscellaneous:||amiibo • Official Design Works|