|“||My gems... My vessel... My ocean. Your very presence tarnishes.||”|
Official Bio Edit
|“||Towering over most of the Order of No Quarter, Treasure Knight is a tidal terror. A loner by nature, he rules the ocean as captain of the Iron Whale, a prototype underwater vessel. With his retractable anchor cannon and impermeable diving suit, he is at home on the seafloor, where he spends his days hunting down ancient relics. Just keep your hands off his hard-earned lucre... or you’ll find yourself floating home!||”|
- Pros: Can handle extreme physical and mental pressure
- Cons: Greedy, unintelligible while wearing helmet
|“||Treasure Knight is greedy, so his campaign will be about coming to the surface in search of treasure, where he is drawn into the conflict. Expect him to explain the reasons for his self-imposed exile.||”|
Original Play Style Ideas Edit
- Grappling Anchor – Fire anchor upwards or horizontally and reel yourself in. Jump to break free while retaining your reeling momentum.
- Water Flush – Pour water out of your suit to push enemies away.
- Game of Greed – Money is important to Treasure Knight, and so he will declare a game over if he hits rock bottom.
- Gem Shot – Shoot projectiles at the cost of money.
Treasure Knight employs a high mobility fighting style, using his retractable anchor to deal damage and move around the arena at high speeds. He also relies on caltrops thrown into the arena to provide area denial and control.
- Horizontal Grapple Anchor
- Treasure Knight aims his cannon arm toward a wall for a split second before firing his anchor toward it. After a small delay he will either retract the anchor or pull himself toward the wall. This is particularly deadly as the anchor projectile AND his subsequent dash will both cause damage on impact.
- Vertical Grapple Anchor
- Similarly to the horizontal grapple Treasure Knight will aim his cannon arm toward the ceiling. After a short delay, he will rise up toward the ceiling. This differs from the horizontal grapple in that it's the trigger for some of Treasure Knight's other abilities to become ready.
- Grapple Slam
- Whilst floating high Treasure Knight will aim his cannon arm toward the ground and fire the anchor. He fires it very quickly and as such it causes the golden coins to blast from the floor. Whilst in the "air" he will do this attack twice, placing himself above his target using Horizontal Grapples. Afterward he will grapple to the floor again.
- Ground Slam
- Treasure Knight readies his fist and punches the ground, causing a large golden coin ripple to travel from one end of the arena to the other. Caution should be taken, standing close to Treasure Knight can cause damage to be taken from the punch and then the displacement from the punch will cause the incoming wave to catch you as you exit invulnerability.
- Treasure Knight throws floating caltrops into the arena. After a short delay he will cause them to pop dealing damage in a small area of effect.
- Suction Chest
- Treasure Knight throws a chest into the middle of the arena which acts as a vacuum, suctioning Shovel Knight toward it. Shortly after the chest activates Treasure Knight will toss Caltrops into the arena, the suction from the chest will cause them to swirl around the area becoming somewhat unpredictable damage sources. Once trapped in the chest, his target will lose 500 gold and lose four points of health once hit by Treasure Knight's horizontal grapple anchor.
Shovel of Hope Edit
Before his boss fight
- "Treasure Knight: My gems... My vessel... My ocean. Your very presence tarnishes."
- "Shovel Knight: You are to lay claim to the sea itself? Your greed knows no bounds, Treasure Knight."
- "Treasure Knight: Your hands are no less dirty. Even now, others are paying for your avarice. Let us duel. Winner take all..."
Plague of Shadows Edit
Before his boss fight
- "Treasure Knight: What's the matter, Plague Knight, alchemy business slowing down? Here to make some coin? Or are the Order's coffers running dry? Can't you just synthesize all the fool's gold you want?"
- "Plague Knight: Ha! Good guess! But no, it's something FAR more important than mere gold."
- "Treasure Knight: !!! MORE IMPORTANT THAN GOLD? Now you're just being ridiculous. Get out of here you bottom-feeder!"
- "Plague Knight: OOOOOOOOH, your Essence is showing, HEE HEE HEE! I hope you don't mind if I help myself!"
Specter of TormentEdit
Before his boss fight:
- "Treasure Knight: *sigh* I just brought my ship to the surface...and already I find a beggar on board."
- "Specter Knight: I'm not here for a hand out. Instead I bring a proposition...unrestricted salvage rights and a place as the Enchantress' financier."
- "Treasure Knight: Oh, I'll gladly spend gold to make gold. But how can I take your word that my investment would be secure?"
- "Specter Knight: Our deals go far beyond words. Behold a glimpse of the power she commands!"
At the tower's banquet:
- "Treasure Knight: I was told there was a banquet hall. This? This is a travesty. The only thing fit to order here... is a complete renovation."
- Treasure Knight was enlisted as the the Order of No Quarter's financial manager. He can be seen at the end of Specter of Torment distributing the salary for various minions. Accountant visor included.
- In the challenge "Dirt Clod Dash" for Specter of Torment, you can find Treasure Knight taking care of the Order's finances if you go right at the beginning.
- He´s the only knight who agrees on being a member of the Order of No Quarter. Specter Knight only fought against him to show the power the Enchantress could give to him.
|Plague of Shadows Characters|
|Main Characters:||Plague Knight • Mona • Black Knight • Shovel Knight • Enchantress|
|The Order of No Quarter:||King Knight • Specter Knight • Treasure Knight • Mole Knight • Tinker Knight • Polar Knight • Propeller Knight|
|The Wandering Travellers:||Reize • Baz • Mr. Hat • Phantom Striker|
|Guest Characters:||Madame Meeber|
|Team Plague:||Magicist • Hedge Pupil • Mail Minion • Percy • Oolong • Plague Minions|
|Armor Outpost:||Chester • Troupple Acolyte • Airship Enthusiast|
|Hall of Champions:||Head Guard • Cultured Fellow • Patron|
|Other Characters:||Troupple King • Troupples • Teethalon • The Dinghy Dropper • The Alchemeister • Plague of Shadows • Corrupted Essence|
|Specter of Torment Characters|
|Main Characters:||Specter Knight • Shield Knight • Luan • Reize • Dark Reize • Black Knight • Enchantress|
|Order Recruits:||King Knight • Phantom Striker • Plague Knight • Treasure Knight • Mole Knight • Tinker Knight • Polar Knight • Propeller Knight|
|Guest Characters:||Madame Meeber|
|Tower of Fate:||Red • Manny • Missy • Dark Acolyte • Creech • Legion • Scrying Glass • Memmec • Dragonarmor • Edge Farmer • Horace • Scarlet • Dancer • Gall • Wizzems • Boneclangs • Goldarmors • Liquid Samurai • Hover Meanie • Hoverhaft • Hoppicles • Birder • Super Skeleton • Ghost • Tundread • Rail Raiders • Plague Minions • Gulper Mage • Cogslotter|
|Other Characters:||Baz • Terrorpin • Teethalon • The Dinghy Dropper • The Alchemeister • Hurlsvelgr • Nightmare Reize|