Troupples are a species of sentient fish and minor characters in Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove. They are half apple, half fish and are led by the Troupple King. They can usually be found at the Troupple Pond, accompanying the Troupple King's dances.
Troupples have the body of an apple with a stem and a leaf on it, but with the head and tail of a fish.
They taste like a mixture of applesauce and chicken soup.
Shovel of HopeEdit
In Shovel Knight: Shovel of Hope, Troupples can be found in the main stages, when fishing in a sparkling pit. They will fill an empty Troupple Chalice with a random Ichor and disappear. However, if all chalices are already filled, they will instead hop back to the pit, and can be fished again.
Plague of ShadowsEdit
When fished out with an empty Chalice:
- "Troupple: Wait! Don't eat me, knight! The Troupple King commands me to share his bounty with you! All hail the Troupple King! THE KING OF FISH AND FRUIT! LONG MAY HIS STEM GROW!"
When fished out without an empty Chalice:
- "Troupple: Wait! Stay thy fork, knight! I bring gifts from the Troupple King! Oh, but...you can't carry any more! Come find me again once you have a spare Chalice!"
- Their sprite model is named "Troupple NPC".
- The idea of Troupples came from the Washington State apple brand "Trout".
- ↑ https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/e8db2c/were_yacht_club_games_developers_of_shovel_knight/facnq1h/
- ↑ Shovel Knight: Official Design Works, p.55