|“||Should I spend my money or save up? Is the risk of losing it all worth it?||”|
Villagers appear as male humans with long hair and casual clothing.
Shovel of HopeEdit
In Shovel of Hope, Villagers can be found at the Village and Armor Outpost, giving adventuring tips. One of them appears at the Forest of Phasing, hinting at the use of the Phase Locket to pass the stage.
In the ending, a Villager can be seen among the Village's inhabitants celebrating the fall of the Tower of Fate.
Plague of ShadowsEdit
In the ending again, a Villager is among the crowd watching the Tower of Fate crumbling down.
Specter of TormentEdit
Shovel of Hope Edit
A black clothed, black hair, light skin Villager walking in the Village:
- "Villager: Pick up blue jars to restore your magic power!"
A red clothed, red hair, light skin Villager walking in the Village:
- "Villager: I'm afraid I'm gonna run out of Health! I've gotta get a Meal Ticket!"
A black clothed, black hair, dark skin Villager walking in the Village:
- "Villager: You know those glass checkpoints? You can break 'em for treasure... But if you do, they stop being checkpoints!"
A black clothed, black hair, light skin Villager standing at the Forest of Phasing:
- "Villager: Yikes! Spikes! If only I could phase away to safety, I could cross and get so much treasure!"
A black clothed, black hair, light skin Villager walking in the Armor Outpost:
- "Villager: Should I spend my money or save up? Is the risk of losing it all worth it?"
A blue clothed, blue hair, light skin Villager walking in the Armor Outpost:
- "Villager: The Armorer will hold onto any armor you buy, and he'll let you swap 'em out whenever you want!"
King of CardsEdit
- "Villager: Did you know you can hold [x] to speed up a Joustus game? That way, you can get to your next turn quickly. Yup, it makes the action speed up quickly and cleany, and gets you through all that flowery extraneous fluff!"
- The Villager's model is named "Shopkeep Hank" in his concept art. His sprite model is named "Pippin", which comes from the developers seeking to add "pippin" characters to the village areas to cheer on Shovel Knight.
- ↑ Shovel Knight: Official Design Works, p.60
- ↑ Yacht Club Games developer interview in Shovel knight: Official Design Works